Recipe from Michael Sanders of Cartwright, Okla.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: cook time 20-30 minutes
1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
1.25 oz. taco seasoning mix
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 cup diced tomatoes
1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
1 4-ounce can diced chilies
1 cup ricotta cheese
2 larges eggs beaten
10 corn tortillas
2 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- In large skillet brown ground beef, stirring until cooked through; drain fat.
- Add taco seasoning mix, seasoned salt, tomato sauce and chilies; Blend well.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat.
- Simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes.
- In small bowl, combine ricotta cheese and eggs in bottom of 13-9-2 inch baking dish.
- Spread 1/2 of meat mixture.
- Top with 1/2 of tortillas.
- Spread 1/2 of ricotta cheese mixture over tortillas and top with 1/2 of grated cheese.
- Repeat layering.
- Ending with a thick cheese top and bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree oven 20-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Servings: Serves 8-10
Comments: Best if topped with extra cheese