Prep Time: 30 minutes
1 medium golden delicious apple, cored and thinly sliced
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 cup thinly sliced onion
1 medium red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
1 medium green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
1 tsp olive oil
8 ozs cooked turkey breast, cut into thin strips
6 whole wheat pita bread rounds, lightly toasted
1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
1 garlic clove, minced
- Toss apple with lemon juice; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion and peppers in hot oil, stirring frequently until crisp-tender.
- Add turkey to skillet and stir until heated through.
- Stir in apple mixture.
- Add garlic to yogurt and mix.
- Fold pitas in half and fill with turkey mixture.
- Drizzle with yogurt mixture.
Number of Servings: 4