- 1 whole chicken, about 2 pounds
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- ½ cup white wine
- ¾ pound canned tomatoes
- three yellow or red bell peppers, cut into large dice
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Wash the chicken and pat dry. Cut into pieces. Heat the olive oil in a heavy bottomed stew pot. Add the garlic and allow it to become slightly golden, without browning. Add the chicken pieces and let them become browned, adding the wine 2 tablespoons at a time and turning enough so that they evenly cook, about 5 minutes. When the wine has evaporated, add the tomatoes, peppers, and red pepper. Allow to simmer for 45 minutes, season with salt and pepper, and serve.
Subscribe to Italian Cooking & Living Magazine today for more delicious recipes.
Copyright 2003 Italian Cooking & Living