We recommend you don't add any salt to this dish as the cod is already very salty.
- 1 pound 2 ounces fennel, tops removed, quartered, blanched and shocked
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for greasing
- 1 ounce golden raisins, soaked in water for 30 minutes and drained
- 1/2 ounce pine nuts
- 1 bunch Italian parsley, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound 2 ounces salt cod, soaked, drained, skin and bones removed
- 1 1/2 ounces fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon minced oregano
- freshly ground black pepper
Arrange the fennel in a greased roasting pan. Sprinkle with the raisins and pine nuts, half of the parsley, and half of the garlic. Arrange the cod on top of the fennel. In a bowl, mix the breadcrumbs with the remaining garlic and parsley; add the oregano and pepper. Sprinkle over the cod and then drizzle with olive oil. Cover the pan with aluminum foil; bake for 25 minutes. Remove the aluminum foil and cook 15 more minutes, allowing the breadcrumbs to brown. Serve hot. Serves 4
Recipe courtesy of Italian Cooking & Living magazine. Click here to view more delicious Italian recipes!